My magnum opus.
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced and slices halved, and caramelized
- 20-25 mins, med-high heat, sautéed every few minutes
- 12 oz jar of artichokes, drained and diced
- 1 frozen packet of spinach, thawed and really well drained
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 4 oz. grated mozzarella cheese (I like to grate this by hand)
- 4 oz. grated parmesan cheese (I like to buy pre-shredded #lazy)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup milk (or more based on consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine all the ingredients in the order listed and mix until well combined.
- Add the milk and mix until the consistency is easy to stir. Too thick and it’s tough to dip, but don’t go too runny, either.
- Spread into a greased pie plate (a 8×8 inch square pan or casserole dish would also work). Sprinkle more mozzarella on top if desired.
- Bake for about half an hour until until bubbly and golden (you can broil it at the end for 1-2 minutes if the cheese isn’t toasty enough).
- Serve with pita chips!