Mexican street corn…. in a dip!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 18 oz frozen golden corn (sweet corn is okay, too)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and stem removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese (or feta)
- Add the butter to a large skillet, and melt over medium-high heat. Add the corn kernels and jalapeño. Cook for about 10 minutes until the kernel are browned like they were grilled. Set aside to cool a bit.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the sour cream, mayo, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, lime juice, cilantro, green onions, and cotija cheese.
- Add the corn and jalapeño to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the dip into a serving bowl and if you’re #extra, garnish with additional chili powder, cilantro, green onions and cotija cheese.
- Enjoy immediately with blue corn chips!
Inspired by these fine bloggers: