If you’re bleeding orange, you need a cocktail to match! This recipe blends bright flavors for an equally bright orange color, and it just so happens that Yarkin is a big fan of margaritas!
- 2 oz blanco tequila (I like Espolon)
- 2 oz Natalie’s tangerine juice (it’s even more orange than orange juice! It’s available at Fresh Thyme – otherwise OJ is a good backup)
- Just under 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice, plus a bit more for the rim
- 1/2 oz turmeric simple syrup (1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 1/2 tablespoon turmeric)
- Tiny splash of pomegranate juice for color
- Kosher salt for the rim
- Orange for garnish
Directions – Tumeric Simple Syrup
This will make enough for several margaritas. Also, turmeric is a pretty strong dye, so be careful handling it!
In a small sauce pan, combine sugar, water, and turmeric
Place over medium heat and bring to a low boil
Boil and stir until the sugar dissolves
- Let cool completely
- Strain through a coffee filter
Directions – Margarita
- On one small plate, pour a splash of lime juice. On another small plate, pour kosher salt.
- Dip the glass’s rim in the lime juice and then the salt.
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add tequila, tangerine juice, lime juice, simple syrup, and pomegranate juice
Shake to Connect!
Pour into the salt-rimmed glass
Garnish with an orange wheel!
Proportions by Weight
After much mixological experimentation, these were the official scale weights for a party-sized pitcher of the winning recipe iteration.
- 30.44 oz tangerine juice
- 30.30 oz tequila
- 7.32 oz turmeric simple syrup
- 12.93 oz lime juice
- .93 oz pomegranate juice (or for color)
Pictured: not the winning recipe.